March 17 update

 I've been importing the level design from blender using Godot's blender import (which is seriously convenient) and realized I had an issue when it came to making collisions. I'd be clicking and generating for all meshes, and on top of that they'd be the less efficient, over detailed collision meshes. On top of that if I made even a single change to the level...it'd be a huge pain. This week aside from finishing up much of the laboratory assets, I made some tool scripts. One in blender to create a collision mesh from a custom mesh and auto rotate/scale/translate to each prop. Another as a godot editor plugin to auto create all the static objects from those collision objects from blender and assign them proper collision layers. I still need to do some more, as the current plugin doesn't handle interactable objects, just static props, but it gets rid of a lot of tedious work. With that and the combat system almost done, I think I'm ready to start work on actual gameplay elements.

Also I did my first interactive animation and it was kind of a pain working with blender constraints. It was worth it though. This is the first part of some puzzles. Sera can open certain doors that Lea cannot. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

July 16 Update