July 2nd Update

 I'm trying to keep up with the weekly posts, but I just kinda forget. But I am making a lot of progress and I'll have a video very soon.

The recent updates involve some tweaks to Sera so she can't be corner infinite comboed, generalizing the attack system so I don't have to put in a bunch of tedious (and error prone) entries - the combo system is much more flexible now and you pretty much have a continuation attack on every single attack - except for the ones that are combo enders. Those are purposely left slower (but more powerful). I've got a few more ideas for this combo system but that'll probably be after release of prototype. Fixed a few nasty bugs that only showed up after I generalized the attack system. Added another attack for Sera when she has her upgraded weapon - I think it helps challenge the player more and requires them to dodge it in a more complicated way than just dashing to the side or jumping. Sped up a few of the projectiles so you actually have to try to dodge them. Things are actually starting to feel much more interactive and intense. Added a few more sfx/fx to the sword air attacks. Also tweaked the cel shader.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

March 17 update

July 16 Update