July 16 Update

 As usual, lots of stuff, but I forgot to update regularly. I added in all of the basic special attacks. I'm still missing a fair bit of sound effects and particle effects, but I added in the base ones needed to just tell what the boss is doing. I tried to keep the GUI near the player. So invincibility is an effect around the player/boss. Weapon swaps can be seen above the player's head. Only the HP is shown in the right corner. Fixed a bunch of annoying bugs, still have a few minor ones. Added in a new attack for Sera that hopefully challenges players in dodging. Still have one more attack I want to implement for Sera then I think the prototype boss fight design is set and I just need to polish. The die state is in for the player and the dialogue can now have effects on the environment. I was going to switch to a plugin but given that i'm already having some issues with the scatter plugin I'd rather use my own solution for now. I think I'll probably rework my dialogue system a little to handle large blocks of text since this is going to be half VN - though I plan to weave in the VN parts in a hopefully unobtrusive, player's choice way.

Updated all of the player's flinch animations, but they still need some tweaking. Next is the boss's flinch anims. Also some tweaks to the world environment and cel shader. I still need to add outline, but what I tried last time didn't really work so I'll leave that aside for now.

I tweaked the boss a lot to try to get her to be challenging but not unfair. I think I'm at a good point since if I play sloppily I get punished, but if I time things correctly she's very beatable. At this point I will start looking for playtesters since I can't tell how challenging something is anymore after playing this same fight for over a year.

Special indicator on player and boss is the glowy yellow circle (Sera throws more knives in special mode)

Invincibility indicator on Player (red flowing things)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

March 17 update