May 19th Update

I have been completely forgetting to post updates, but I have actually been working on stuff this entire month. I've added in the new special weapon system with a set of basic animations and particle effects, but the twist is the boss also has access to it - albeit in a different format. The goal of this is to make the player scramble for something vs the boss so that it injects a bit of freshness and alternative goals into the fight. I haven't implemented all the stuff I would like for it yet, but I'm getting close. I've also fixed a few other obscure and strange bugs that have existed since Godot 3 (one was a nasty race condition one) and made the projectile system more flexible. I'm starting to import some of the models into the Godot 4 version, so I should have some screenshots and videos in the next couple of months. Sera still needs a few more enhancements to her controller to make her prioritize certain things but I think I should have a working demo soon and that's really exciting. 

I've also tweaked all the dashes so they have a small bit of invincibility to them, which gives the player a slight edge (and puts this in line with other action hack and slashes) since Sera's already difficult enough - she is also more aggressive and attacks far more now. I'm hoping to get feedback from other people soon instead of just me trying to think about what actually works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

March 17 update

July 16 Update