Feb 6 Update

 Not dead yet, I've been busy recently and without my main computer so things have been a bit slow. I've started putting in some meshes into the map and put an especially large one in (some test generated terrain from blender). This took a chunk of fps out (and I'm pretty sure it isn't the number of polygons) so I'm pretty sure at this point using lightmaps will result in the biggest performance boost since right now everything is dynamically lit.

I'm also changing up the crappy gauntlet dash and have a new idea to put in. Quick screenshot of how things look now. I'll be putting in a lot of tall grass later and considering some far away meshes that'll be obscured by fog. I might just go and buy some assets for that since I don't want to spend the time on that (I know they'll take me a stupid amount of time to texture) and I'm betting if I put in some really heavy fog some mountains in a slightly different stylized artstyle shouldn't result in a mismatched art style. The water still needs a lot of tweaking.

Edit: I see that Godot 4 finally has a release coming soon. Once that's out, the process of porting to 4 will happen now that its stable. I think there were performance increases for 3d games in it so I'm excited for that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

March 17 update

July 16 Update