Apr 24 Update

The prototype model for the boss character is mostly done, her name is Seraphina (on left). Rhys, the protagonist, is on the right. I had some trouble matching the 3d model to the 2d art style, since I don't really copy the 2d art to make a model, it seems to mess it up more than it helps me. Its also not a priority right now.

Some notes on the rigging. I wanted to reuse armatures, I also reused Rhys' meshes so I duplicated the blend file. This was one of the most annoying things I have ever run into. The animations got duplicated, the meshes didn't match the armature. There were somehow animations on the meshes as well and this created problems. Its best to delete every single animation and armature and start from a fresh mesh when modeling then append the armature object itself once the mesh is complete. Then before adding the mesh to the armature, modify the pose so it fits the character and apply as rest pose. Then the last step is to attach mesh to armature.

 Later on, I want to give Rhys a looser fit on the open shirt/pants so she has a slightly more masculine look. These prototypes are cobbled together from some of my old models and edited so the design might change once I start working towards finalization. Right now I'm just focusing on the general shape and colors. No textures on either character except for the face/eyes for now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

March 17 update

July 16 Update