Combat System Update 3

 I updated the combat system again, really focusing on making it more interesting. This mainly consisted of small tweaks. On ground attacks now push the enemy in the direction of the attack. Ground attacks can also juggle enemies that are already in air, but might be a little hard to see on the fly trap enemy. I implemented the new jump that I mentioned in an earlier post and it allows the player to jump faster and fall faster compared to the enemy. 

Some attacks do a "float" where the vertical velocity is 0 for a certain amount of time or some do a "bump" which is a very small launch. Most ground attacks are bumps. I'm planning to put the launch attacks on their own separate button later on for ease of use (right now they're part of the combo). This is variable for different attacks. Combo canceling happens if the user double taps a directional arrow.

In addition, I've changed up gauntlet's air attacks, added particle effects to the gauntlet attacks when the player hits the enemy and changed halberd to be more of a slow weapon with large range. There's still a lot to do, but it definitely feels better to me at least. The ground launching still feels a bit heavy on the gravitational side, but I'll keep tweaking it.

There's still a lot of other animations to do but at least the ones that exist now feel somewhat better. Some of the attacks launches probably need to be tweaked as well.

Other stuff I want to implement is a slowdown when certain attacks connect.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

March 17 update

July 16 Update