Second Post - Character Design and Updates

Just some random updates, regarding character design and whatever I could stuff in this week.

The dialogue system is close to what i need it to be. Choices won't affect the story, so most choices are going to be related to interactions with objects. I used the same thing I did for attack boxes for interaction, just have a small area in front detecting the closest mesh, and hitting interact triggers the script associated with the mesh within that area that's the closest to the player. 

I'm aiming for something similar to visual novels. the portrait is a prototype that I did for practice so its terribly cropped. the designs nowhere near final. I'm still trying to figure out how I want the environment to look. The tone is going to be more on the light side, so I want the environment to reflect that too.

Very prototype/rough character model in Blender, so she's mostly untextured. I wanted a laidback, kind of messy character, so untucked shirt, loose belt, messy hair. It'd be nice if she had a few different appearances for customizability, but that'll be lower priority for now.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

March 17 update

July 16 Update