Mainly been working on a somewhat complex combo system and the new weapon, which because of its movement effect is a bit difficult. I do have an idea for how to handle it though.
I added a simple vertex shader to the dashes that "smears" the mesh. It took me an embarassingly long time because I'm pretty bad at shaders. Right now the dash is a solid color but it'll be easy to add a texture to it later on. I used this ue4 tutorial as a guide for getting the general idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDgAAwbKFZU but I didn't follow it too closely since I wanted to puzzle it out. Pressing launch in air now allows for the opposite of a launch, a fast fall attack of some sort. Right now only gauntlets' is implemented and it does a down punch and a straight down crash into the ground that has a decent attack radius. I'm in the process of updating a bunch of older animations and adding new ones, since sword's are all really old + chain is way too short. I'm also starting on sound soon, so hopefully that'll add a new level. Added support for different flinch animations so now the enemy can have different "damaged" ...
I have been completely forgetting to post updates, but I have actually been working on stuff this entire month. I've added in the new special weapon system with a set of basic animations and particle effects, but the twist is the boss also has access to it - albeit in a different format. The goal of this is to make the player scramble for something vs the boss so that it injects a bit of freshness and alternative goals into the fight. I haven't implemented all the stuff I would like for it yet, but I'm getting close. I've also fixed a few other obscure and strange bugs that have existed since Godot 3 (one was a nasty race condition one) and made the projectile system more flexible. I'm starting to import some of the models into the Godot 4 version, so I should have some screenshots and videos in the next couple of months. Sera still needs a few more enhancements to her controller to make her prioritize certain things but I think I should have a working demo soon and...
I finally got the chance to really dig into Godot/Blender shaders, and redid the sword slash and water. The water's still missing depth fade, reflection and some scattered foam, but I think its a good start. Initially in Blender I used a moving voronoi texture, but I realized that baking a series of spritesheets for water was insane and not a good idea. So I figured out a solution that gives an approximate version of what I want using godot visual shader and textures. My system is fairly old and the gpu is a lower end oem one, but I didn't notice any frame drops that weren't already there, so I don't think it impacts performance too much. I still have to bake lightmaps for everything so the real time lighting is probably causing most frame drops. For the sword slash that was a valid choice (because its a relatively small texture and does not loop) and thats what I did, made the shader in Blender, then baked out a series of spritesheets for it, so there's no actual c...
Comments
Post a Comment