Nov 21 Update

 I'm working on coloring in some of the subway assets. As a relaxation exercise from the exam failure, I messed around with the lighting in ALAWT. I found a lot of the places were quite bland, which I don't think has to be true for a horror game, so I adjusted the saturation and contrast in the lighting. Since this is Lea's office which is a relatively safe spot, I let it stay a warmer orange color. I ramped up the fog a bit so there's actually hidden corners. I was mainly looking at screenshots of Labrys and older screenshots of Practice Round and realized there were some really nice colorful screens there that I just kind of ... dropped in ALAWT, probably due to the horror aspect. I was thinking of desaturating it, but I think I took it a step too far. I still stayed away from stuff like volumetric fog and sdfgi. I'm still trying to aim for a game that can run on a sub 300 budget laptop...provided you're using AMD of course. I put the old one at the bottom to compare, but I think that in general this new lighting would be more in line with Practice Round (old) and Labrys look.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Jan Update

May 19th Update

Feb 6 Update