Jan 15 update

 I added more to the enemy controllers so they can open doors and move around obstacles. There was an issue where they could attack through walls so I fixed that too. Also added an ally system, fixed up the key config in preparation for controller and mouse support.

Other than that, these past two weeks was mainly doing model assets. This game will take place in an underground lab in a scifi environment. This time I came prepared and everything is carefully uv mapped to one texture for each room. I'm still trying to stick with the same artstyle, simplistic but slightly detailed and doesn't take me too long. I'm hoping things look appropriately grungy and used but not too run down. colors are pretty desaturated because this isn't nearly as lighthearted as the hack and slash. This time around I'll be making use of decals/detail textures to add further detail since many assets will be reused (and the table for example is tilebased and very modular, putting details on each tile is not an option). I'm trying harder to keep things more in the same style this time around since that was an issue with the previous prototype.

Also a glimpse of prototype Sera model (outfit pilfered from one of my old models) that's actually pretty close to her final version. I'll be removing the gray waistcoat so she just has a plain white shirt. I'd like to make the Lea prototype model soon as well. 

Character roles are changed up for this storyline. Lea is now a newly graduated Phd working at a lab (instead of the independent researcher she was before), while Sera is one of the lead security guards and an ex-bouncer. Rhys is a lower-level security guard that plays a supporting role. I think I have a much better idea of the story, world, character relationships and personalities than I had for the previous game as well. Another good reason reason for switching to this project. I realized while releasing the demo for Practice Round that it was so much easier to write Sera and Lea. I figured I might as well make a game with the couple that I know how to write.



some of the assets I've been working on


sera in suit




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post

March 17 update

July 16 Update